Our pocket design enables you to easily remove the armor and wash your fabric shells for years of use.
Follow the steps below to ensure long-lasting wear and care:
- Pull the fabric back on the armor pockets to remove the armor. (Note: failure to remove armor may cause damage to the fabric shell.)
- Wash the fabric shells on a low temperature setting and gentle cycle .
- Be sure not to wash Bohn fabric shells with items that have Velcro®, hooks or accessories that could catch and snag the fabric.
- Dry shells on low temperature or hang dry.
- We recommend removing the armor from your Bohn gear from time to time to clean it as detergent residue, salt (including body salt) and moisture can stick to it and negatively affect the armor.
- Armor pieces should NOT be placed in the washing machine or dryer, but may be wiped clean with a damp cloth if they become soiled. They will not absorb liquid so they can be immediately dried with a towel and reinserted.
- When dry, reinsert the armor pieces into their respective pockets and pull the pocket flaps into place. This ensures the armor will stay in the proper position.
- Do not dry clean!
- Our garments are made with Lycra® and must be washed regularly. Salt air and sweat left on the garment can break down the Lycra® in the garment so it is imperative that the garments be washed regularly and not stored for long periods of time with salt or sweat on them.
- Also, pilling can occur if the garment is consistently rubbing against something that agitates the garment (i.e., tag, plastic, loose seam, etc.), so please be certain you do not have anything in an overgarment that could agitate the fabric. If you start seeing pilling, turn your jeans, pants or jacket that you wear over your Bohn garment inside-out and feel for the item that is rubbing on your garment.
**Improper care (i.e., lack of laundering), pilling of garments or lingering smells are not warrantied.
With proper care, our garments can last years. We wish you many years of riding protection!
Need to replace your fabric shell? Shop shells below: