Protection and Comfort:
- Removable armor offers protection for tailbone, hips, thighs, knees (CE-Level 2 on knees and hip. Tailbone and thigh is thin and light)
- High-performance shock absorption
- Extremely comfortable and fits the curves of the body
- Lightweight and low-profile armor featuring a 5×8 knee (vs. 5×12 in our original all-season pants)
- Repeat performance (rarely needs replacement after a fall/crash)
- Armor Includes:
Tailbone armor- 5.25 in (top) / 2.25 (bottom) wide x 8 in long x .23 inches thick – 1.75oz
Thigh Armor- 8.5 in (top) / 7 in (bottom) wide x 10 in long x .23 inches thick
Hip Armor- 9 in wide x 5.5 in tall x .35 in thick – 2.5oz each
Knee Armor – 5.25 in wide x 8 in long Weight – 2oz each
Fabric and Design:
- Cool, light-weight, 5.14 oz Lycra®
- Comfortable 4-way stretch fabric Lycra®
- Ventilated crotch area for cool comfort
- Convenient ankle zippers—easy on, easy off
- Soft, smooth Lycra® feels good against skin
- Breathable comfort for all-season riding
- Stretchy Lycra® fabric keeps armor in place while giving you great range of motion
- Removable armor for easy laundering
- Base layer is virtually invisible under your favorite clothing
- Non-shrink/non-run fabric
- Non-zipper fly
- Unique base layer provides you with incredible CE-Level 2 protection. Protection for tailbone, hips, thighs, knees/shins
- Cool and comfortable
- Freedom of movement
- Unisex design fits both men and women from 2XS through 3XL
- Lasts for years with proper care
- Easy to launder, fast drying
Pair with: Airtex Adventure Shirt for the ultimate cool and comfortable Adventure riding protection.
Q: What type of protection do these pants offer me?
A: Our All-Season Adventure Motorcycle Riding Pants offer 9-points of protection for hips, knees, shins, tailbone and thighs (CE-Level 2 on hips, knees and shins.) Low-profile armor fits comfortably and hugs the vulnerable corners of your body. The armor stays in place and won’t move around.
Q: Are the pants abrasion resistant?
A: The main design function of our Motorcycle Pants is impact protection. While the armor pieces do offer you some abrasion resistance in a fall, the pants themselves are not reinforced with Kevlar® or Cordura®. Our goal with our pants is to keep the armor right where you need it, if you need it. The armor stays snug to your body and won’t flop around like other riding pants do.
Most of our customers wear our pants with a pair of jeans or riding pants and find that those two alone provide plenty of protection in a crash. However, adding a pair of Kevlar® pants over these motorcycle pants would be the perfect combination.
Q: What is the difference between your original All-Season Pants and these “Adventure” pants?
A: The difference is in the knees. 5 x 8 vs. 5 x 12. The new knees are meant to accommodate a taller motorcycle boot.
Q: Won’t these pants be HOT?
A: By no means. These motorcycle pants are actually quite cool. They are made of a very soft, stretchy Lycra® that helps to wick away moisture to keep you comfortable. They also have a ventilated crotch panel for additional airflow.
We recommend you read the reviews to determine if these will work for you.
Q: Will they look bulky under my jeans?
A: No, not at all. Oftentimes no one will ever know you are wearing them.
Q. Do I need to purchase a larger sized pair of riding pants so these fit under them?
A. In our experience (and 1000s of others) you do not need to purchase a new pair of larger pants to fit over our motorcycle pants. This is because the fit is streamlined and the armor conforms to the body to prevent additional bulk.
Q: Do I have to wear underwear with these?
A: That is a personal choice that we leave up to our customers, but most riders choose to wear undergarments with their Adventure pants for cleanliness, hygiene and modesty reasons. Remember, the pants have a ventilated crotch area.
Q: What is the difference between your Adventure and Cool-Air Pants?
A: The Adventure Pants are made from a stretchy, mid-weight Lycra® fabric with a ventilated crotch panel. The Cool-Air Pants are made entirely from a stretchy, lightweight elastic mesh material. Both types of pants have tailbone, hip, knee/shin and thigh armor. Adventure Pants have consistently been popular among our all-season riders. The Cool-Air Pants are popular for people who ride in very hot and humid climates.
Q: I am in between sizes, how do I know which one to choose?
A: Great question. If you are in-between sizes or you are having trouble fitting into our size chart, give us a call 704-663-0351 or email us at [email protected].
We are more than happy to help. Indicate your waist, inseam, height and weight if you would like.
Another option: Oftentimes customers will order one size fully armored and then a fabric shell in another size and return the fabric shell of the one that does not fit. This saves time and money in the long run should you order the wrong size.
We do ask that you contact us via telephone or email to request an RMA number and let us know which size you are sending back. This helps to expedite your return within our facility.
Q: I want to order for a friend but I am not sure of their size.
A: If you are ordering for a friend, give us a call – 704-663-0351. We can help size that person or you can always opt for a gift certificate.
Our pocket design enables you to easily remove the armor and wash your fabric shells for years of use.
Follow the steps below to ensure long-lasting wear and care:
- Pull the fabric back on the armor pockets to remove the armor. (Note: failure to remove armor may cause damage to the fabric shell.)
- Wash the fabric shells on a low temperature setting and Gentle Cycle.
- We recommend using an activewear detergent when laundering your garments to maintain the integrity of the stretch in the fabric.
- Be sure not to wash Bohn fabric shells with items that have Velcro, hooks or accessories that could catch and snag the fabric.
- Dry shells on low temperature or hang dry.
- When dry, reinsert the armor pieces into their respective pockets and pull the pocket flaps into place. This ensures the armor will stay in place.
- Our garments must be washed regularly. Salt air and sweat left on the garment can break down the stretch in the garment so it is imperative that the garments be washed regularly and not stored for long periods of time with salt or sweat.
- Also, pilling and runs can occur if the garment is consistently rubbing against something that agitates the garment (ie. tag, plastic, loose seam, etc.), so please be certain you do not have anything that will agitate the fabric. If you start seeing pilling, turn your jeans, pants or jacket worn over your Bohn garment inside out and feel for the item that is rubbing on your garment.
**Improper care (ie. lack of laundering) and pilling of garments is not warrantied.
With proper care, our garments can last years. We wish you many years of riding protection!
Need a new fabric shell? Shop shells below:
You may not be able to see them, but the armored pants are under their jeans.
There are no reviews yet.