Fabric and Design:
- Sporty jacket style with armor pockets to fit Bohn armor
- Convenient full-length front zipper—easy on, easy off
- Breathable 8oz Brushed Lycra® fabric with reinforced seams
- Breathable comfort for cool/cold weather
- Armor pockets fit Bohn upper body armor (back, shoulder and arm)
- Snug fit for added insulation
- Stretchy Lycra® fabric keeps armor in place while giving you great range of motion
- Virtually invisible under your favorite clothing
- Non-shrink/non-run fabric
- Warm and comfortable
- Freedom of movement
- Unisex design fits both men and women from XS through 4XL
- Lasts for years with proper care
- Easy to launder, fast drying
NOTE: This product does NOT come with armor! If you are looking for the fully armored version, click here.
Q: What is a fabric shell?
A: Fabric shells are shirts, pants and shorts with no armor. If you already own a set of Bohn armor, your armor will fit snugly into the pockets of any of our fabric shells.
Q: So does this come with armor?
A: No. This product does NOT come with armor. If you are looking for the fully armored version, click here.
Q: Why would I need a fabric shell?
A: There are many reasons why you might want to have an extra shell or two on hand. The most common one is so that you will always have an extra clean shirt, pants or shorts ready to go. This is extremely helpful when traveling and you may not have access to laundry facilities. Other reasons can include:
- Change your style: Match your unique style with different colors
- Weather changes: Choose a new shell for cooler or warmer weather
- Weight changes: Maybe you’ve gained or lost a few pounds, a new fabric shell can help with that too!
One of the most convenient things about our Bodyguard System is that you only have to buy the armor once and it fits into any of our shells so you can swap it out as needed.
Q: Do the shells have pockets for the armor?
A: The shells have all of the same pockets for armor as our fully armored versions.
Q: How do I put the armor into my shell?
A: Armor installation may take a few practice runs but it becomes easier after you have done it a time or two. Full armor installation instructions can be found here.
Q: Is this shirt abrasion resistant?
A: The main design function of our Airtex Shirt is impact protection. While the armor pieces do offer you some abrasion resistance in a fall, the shirt itself is not reinforced with Kevlar® or Cordura®. Our goal with our shirts is to keep the armor right where you need it, if you need it. The armor stays snug to your body and won’t flop around like other riding shirts / jackets do.
If you are concerned with abrasion resistance try pairing the shirt with a lightweight Kevlar® jacket, sweatshirt or hoodie.
Q: I am in between sizes, how do I know which one to choose?
A: Great question. If you are in-between sizes or you are having trouble fitting into our size chart, give us a call 704-663-0351 or email us at [email protected]. We are more than happy to help. Indicate your waist, inseam, height and weight if you would like.
Another option: Oftentimes customers will order one size fully armored and then a fabric shell in another size and return the fabric shell of the one that does not fit. This saves time and money in the long run should you order the wrong size.
We do ask that you contact us via telephone or email to request an RMA number and let us know which size you are sending back. This helps to expedite your return within our facility.
Mens and Women’s Shirt Sizing
||Bohn Shirt Size
|28″–32″ (71 – 81 cm)
|32″–36″ (81 – 91 cm)
|36″–40″ (91 – 102 cm)
|40″–44″ (102 – 112 cm)
|44″–48″ (112 – 122 cm)
|48″–52″ (122 – 132 cm)
|52″–56″ (132 – 142 cm)
|56″-60″ (142 -152 cm)
If you need help with sizing or have questions, please feel free to contact us.
Our pocket design enables you to easily remove the armor and wash your fabric shells for years of use.
Follow the steps below to ensure long-lasting wear and care:
- Pull the fabric back on the armor pockets to remove the armor. (Note: failure to remove armor may cause damage to the fabric shell.)
- Wash the fabric shells on a low temperature setting and Gentle Cycle .
- We recommend using an activewear detergent when laundering your garments to maintain the integrity of the stretch in the fabric.
- Be sure not to wash Bohn fabric shells with items that have Velcro, hooks or accessories that could catch and snag the fabric.
- Dry shells on low temperature or hang dry.
- When dry, reinsert the armor pieces into their respective pockets and pull the pocket flaps into place. This ensures the armor will stay in place.
- Our garments must be washed regularly. Salt air and sweat left on the garment can break down the stretch in the garment so it is imperative that the garments be washed regularly and not stored for long periods of time with salt or sweat.
- Also, pilling and runs can occur if the garment is consistently rubbing against something that agitates the garment (ie. tag, plastic, loose seam, etc.), so please be certain you do not have anything that will agitate the fabric. If you start seeing pilling, turn your jeans, pants or jacket worn over your Bohn garment inside out and feel for the item that is rubbing on your garment.
**Improper care (ie. lack of laundering) and pilling of garments is not warrantied.
With proper care, our garments can last years. We wish you many years of riding protection!
To see reviews on the fully armored version, click here.