Protection and Comfort:
The Performance-Thermal Armored pants are a warm base layer in cool/cold motorcycle riding conditions.
- Offers 9 protection points: Tailbone (1), Hip (2), Thigh (2) Knee (2) and Shin (2)
- High-performance shock absorption
- Flexible—fits the curves of the body
- Extremely comfortable
- Tear and break-resistant
- Repeat performance (rarely needs replacement after a fall/crash)
Fabric and Design:
- Stretchy, Lycra fabric keeps armor in place while giving you great range of motion
- Convenient ankle zippers—easy on, easy off
- Snug fit for added warmth
- Non-shrink/non-run fabric
- Removable armor for easy laundering
- Warm and comfortable
- Freedom of movement
- Virtually invisible under your clothes
- Unisex design fits both men and women from S through XXL
- Lasts for years with proper care
- Easy to launder, see care instructions
Pair with: Performance-Thermal Shirt for the ultimate motorcycle riding protection system
Order a shell for hot/humid riding: try our Cool-Air mesh pants and Cool-Air Mesh shirt
Waist: Measure around natural waist—not too loose, not too snug.
Inseam: Measure from inside top of thigh to the middle of ankle bone. See diagram below for where to measure.
For women’s sizing, please scroll down
| || ||WAIST SIZE|
|25-29||XXS||XS|| || || || || || || |
|26-30||XXS||XS||S||S|| || || || || |
|27-31|| || ||S||M||M|| || || || |
|28-32|| || || ||M||L||L|| || || |
|29-33|| || || || ||L||XL||XL|| || |
|30-34|| || || || || ||XL||XL||XXL||XXXL|
|31-36|| || || || || || ||XXL||XXL||XXXL|
|Your Size||Bohn Pants Size|
|4 – 6||XXS|
|6 – 8||XS|
|8 – 10||S|
|10 – 12||M|
|12 – 14||L|
|14 – 16||XL|
|16 – 18||XXL|
It’s easy to wash! The fabric pockets allow you to remove armor and wash your garment like regular clothing.
Follow the steps below to ensure long lasting wear.
- Pull back the lip on the pockets to remove the armor. (Note: failure to remove armor may cause damage to the fabric)
- Wash the shells on a low temperature regular (or gentle – preferred) cycle to prevent shrinking or stretching of the fabric. Be sure not to wash garments with other garments which may have Velcro or hooks that could catch the fabric
- Dry shells on low temperature or hang dry
- When dry, re-insert the armor into their respective pockets and pull the fabric lip of the pocket over the armor. This ensures that the armor stays safely in one place during wear.
With proper care our garments have lasted our customers decades. We hope you have yours for many years to come.
If for any reason you find that you have damaged a fabric shell or need to replace a worn out fabric shell, see our fabric shells page.
Below are some common questions we get from customers about our Armored Riding Pants.
Q: Are these pants abrasion resistant?
A: Our main design function is impact protection. While the armor pieces do offer you some abrasion resistance, the pants themselves are not reinforced. If you require additional abrasion protection, we recommend choosing an outer layer designed for that purpose.
Q: What is the difference between the Cool-Air and Adventure pants?
A: The Cool-Air Pants are made entirely from a stretchy, lightweight elastic mesh material. The Adventure Pants are made from a stretchy, mid-weight Lycra material with a ventilated crotch panel. Both types of pants have tailbone, hip, knee/shin and thigh armor.
Q: What temperature are these recommended for?
A: We do not have a specific temperature range for our gear but if you are at all concerned about heat and humidity then we recommend our Cool-Air Pants.
Q: Do these last as long as your regular stuff?
A: The Cool-Air mesh is all holes and is naturally not as thick and strong as a solid Lycra material. Reasonable caution must be exercised when pulling the knees on or off—don’t just pull on the cuffs! However, we have carried out extensive durability testing on our mesh and have found it is a very practical and durable solution, providing that a little more attention is given by the rider.
Q: But are they scratchy?
A: Many people think of mesh and instantly think of a stiff, scratchy fabric. Our mesh is actually designed specifically for active wear so it has a lot of stretch and give and is very soft against the skin!
Q: Do I have to wear underwear with these?
A: That is a personal choice that we leave up to our customers, but most riders choose to wear undergarments with their Cool-Air Pants for cleanliness, hygiene and modesty reasons.
Q: Do these have a fly?
A: Our Cool-Air Pants are unisex style and do not come with a fly.