Protection and Comfort:
The Performance-Thermal Armored pants are a warm base layer in cool/cold motorcycle riding conditions.
CE-Level 2 Armor now comes standard in all of our pants! The latest Impact Technology Available! Lightweight, Breathable and Comfortable.
- Removable armor offers protection for tailbone, hips, thighs, knees and shins (CE-Level 2 on knees, shins and hip. Tailbone and thigh is now thinner, lighter and more comfortable).
- High-performance shock absorption
- Flexible—fits the curves of the body
- Extremely comfortable
- Tear and break-resistant
- Repeat performance (rarely needs replacement after a fall/crash)
- Armor measurements: Tailbone armor- 5.25 in (top) / 2.25 (bottom) wide x 8 in long x .23 inches thick – 1.75oz
Thigh Armor- 8.5 in (top) / 7 in (bottom) wide x 10 in long x .23 inches thick
Hip Armor- 9 in wide x 5.5 in tall x .35 in thick – 2.5oz each
Knee Armor – 5.25 in wide x 12.25 in long Weight – 3oz each
Fabric and Design:
- Stretchy, Soft brushed Lycra® fabric keeps armor in place while giving you great range of motion
- Convenient ankle zippers—easy on, easy off
- Snug fit for added warmth
- Non-shrink/non-run fabric
- Removable armor for easy laundering
- Warm and comfortable
- Freedom of movement
- Virtually invisible under your clothes
- Unisex design fits both men and women – 2XS -3XL
- Lasts for years with proper care
- Easy to launder, see care instructions
Pair with: Performance-Thermal Shirt for the ultimate motorcycle riding protection system during the winter
Order a shell for hot/humid riding: try our Cool-Air mesh pants and Cool-Air Mesh shirt
Q & A
Q. Can I wear these without overpants?
A. Technically you could, but the pants are meant to be worn as a protective layer for impact and for warmth during colder weather under your pants or jeans. Think of them like armored, thermal pants.
Q. What temperature can I wear these in?
A. We put them to the test and here is what we can report. With a pair of jeans, they are great in temperatures between 45-65. If you have a faring on your bike, you can go lower down to 30-35. Once it gets over 65-70 they can get toasty and at that point, we would recommend wearing our Adventure Pants fabric shell.
What is great about these pants is that you can layer them with any overpants you want. Certainly, the thicker your overpants are or the more “wind-cutting” they are, the lower temps you can go. But with jeans, the sweet spot is 45-65 without a faring.
Think of them like you would a pair of thermal pants you would wear when you ski. They add just that nice additional soft, warm layer to help keep you from being chilled.
Q. Do these pants have abrasion-resistant materials?
A. No, they do not have Kevlar or other abrasion-resistant materials. However, where there is armor, you’ll have abrasion resistance. And, since our pants have more armored areas than any pants on the market, by including thigh and tailbone armor and elongating the shin protection, you have a tremendous amount of coverage and protection on your legs.
Having said that, we always recommend a nice pair of Kevlar jeans over the pants for the best protection.
Q. What kind of material are they made of?
A. Our pants are made of thicker, Lycra® material, so they are stretchy and comfortable, but add a layer of warmth.
Q. Do you offer warm protection for the upper body?
A. Yes, we offer our matching shirt called the Performance-Thermal Armored Riding Shirt. You can purchase that by clicking here.