Protection and Comfort:
The Performance-Thermal Armored Shirt is meant to worn as a base/mid-layer in cool/cold riding conditions. It can also be worn over a t-shirt as a light-weight jacket for cooler morning rides or as the fall or spring day heats up during your ride.
- CE-Level 2 Protection for Back, Shoulders, Elbows and Forearm
- High-performance shock absorption
- Soft, flexible—fits the curves of the body
- Extremely comfortable and breathable
- Lightweight and low profile
- Tear and break-resistant
- Repeat performance (rarely needs replacement after a fall/crash)
- Armor Measurements:
– 2 Shoulder Sections (5 in wide x 8 in long for XS-2XL OR 6 in wide x 9 in long for XS-2XL) Weight – 2oz each |
– 2 Arm/Elbow Sections (5 in wide x 12 in long for XS-2XL) Weight – 3.5oz each
– 1 Back Armor 12.5 in wide x 16.75 in long, Weight – 11oz
Fabric and Design:
- Breathable, Brushed Lycra® with reinforced seams
- Convenient full-length front zipper—easy on, easy off
- Snug fit for added insulation
- Breathable comfort for cool/cold weather
- Stretchy, Lycra® fabric keeps armor in place while giving you great range of motion
- Removable armor for easy laundering
- Virtually invisible under your favorite clothing
- Non-shrink/non-run fabric
- Warm and comfortable
- Freedom of movement
- Unisex design fits both men and women
- Lasts for years with proper care
- Easy to launder, see care instructions
Pair with: Armored Pants, Shorts or a Jacket for the ultimate riding protection system.
Order a Shirt Fabric Shell so you’ll always have a clean shirt ready to go!
Questions and Answers
Q. How do I wear this shirt?
A. We recommend wearing the shirt as a base layer under your favorite jacket for an extra layer of warmth. It will help keep the armor close to your body in the event of an off and provide a fantastic layer of warmth to make your ride more comfortable and safe.
Q. Can I wear this shirt alone without a jacket?
A. Yes, you could. It would be great for the days when it is sunny 65 degrees and you don’t want to wear anything bulky.
Q. Does this shirt provide abrasion resistance?
A. The performance thermal shirt does not have any kevlar or Cordura in the shirt, but you will have abrasion protection where there is armor. Also, this shirt pairs really well with a flannel or your favorite riding jacket.
Fabric and Armor Care
Our pocket design enables you to easily remove the armor and care for your fabric shells for years of enjoyment. Instructions for our Lycra and Mesh garments are different than our flannels and jackets. Please see below.
Lycra and Mesh Shirts, Pants and Shorts Instructions:
Follow the steps below to ensure long-lasting wear and care:
- Pull the fabric back on the armor pockets to remove the armor. (Note: failure to remove armor may cause damage to the fabric shell.)
- Wash fabric shells on a low-temperature setting and gentle cycle or hand wash. Do not dry clean!
White Summer Mesh shirts must be washed with white clothes only or by hand. Discoloration due to washing with colored garments, leaving sunscreen on the garment too long or stains are not warrantied.
- We recommend using an activewear detergent when laundering your garments to maintain the integrity of the stretch in the fabric.
- Do not wash Bohn fabric shells with items that have Velcro®, hooks or accessories that could catch and snag the fabric or with garments that have not been washed before. White garments such as our summer mesh shirt and white Airtex™ shirts should be washed with white items only or hand washed.
- Dry shells at a low temperature or best to just hang them dry.
- We recommend removing the armor from your Bohn gear from time to time to clean it as detergent residue, salt (including body salt) and moisture can stick to it and could negatively affect the armor.
- Armor pieces should NOT be placed in the washing machine or dryer, but may be wiped clean with a damp cloth if they become soiled.
- When dry, reinsert the armor pieces into their respective pockets and pull the pocket flaps into place. This ensures the armor will stay in the proper position.
- Our garments are made with Lycra® and must be washed regularly. Salt air and sweat left on the garment can break down the Lycra® in the garment so it is imperative that they be washed regularly and not stored for long periods of time with salt or sweat on them.
- Also, pilling can occur if the garment is consistently rubbing against something that agitates the garment (i.e., tag, plastic, loose seam, etc.), so please be certain you do not have an overgarment that could agitate the fabric. If you start seeing pilling, turn your jeans, pants, or jacket inside out and feel for the item that is rubbing on your garment.
**Lack of care, pilling of garments, rips, tears, or lingering smells are not covered under our warranty.
With proper care, our garments can last years. We wish you many years of riding protection!
Armor Care Instructions:
We recommend removing the armor from your Bohn gear from time to time to clean it as detergent residue, salt (including body salt) and moisture can stick to it and negatively affect the armor.
Armor pieces should NOT be placed in the washing machine or dryer, but may be wiped clean with a damp cloth if they become soiled.
We recommend storing your protectors in temperatures above 55 degrees. Cold or hot temperatures will not affect the effectiveness of the protector, but extreme cold in addition to stress on the protector (ie. bending of the armor) can cause the pieces to crack. Please keep your protection inside your home and do not put your pants or shirts on when they have been sitting in temperatures below 50 degrees. They should be warmed first. Protectors can be worn on a cold ride as your body warmth should keep the protectors at a comfortable temperature. If you would like protectors specifically made for cold temperatures, please give us a call we have options.
As such, do not stress the protectors in extremely cold weather conditions. For example, leaving pieces in a cold garage and then putting them on can cause armor with articulation to crack at the articulation points.
Just use good judgment when wearing the protectors and try your best to keep them against your warm body or stored in temperatures above 50-60 degrees for the longest life. DO NOT use frozen protectors–bring them inside to warm up before you use them.
Our pieces should last you 10-15 years. Cracking of the armor pieces is not warrantied as this means one of two things:
- The armor placement is incorrect on your body (see the proper placement graphic below) and stressed over and over at an articulation point.
- It has been subjected to cold temperatures and then bent or used while frozen or cold. This is virtually the ONLY way the protector can/will crack unless you took scissors or a knife and cut it. If your protector is affected and you are 100% confident that you have taken care of your protector, please give us a call. If you need to replace your armor, you can find all of our armor here>>
5 reviews for Winter | Armored Motorcycle Riding Shirt