Protection and Comfort:
The Airtex™ – Mesh Armored Motorcycle Shirt can be worn as a mid-layer or outerwear any time of the year and in all riding conditions.
- CE-Level 2 Protection for Back, Shoulders, Elbows and Forearm
- High-performance shock absorption
- Soft, flexible—fits the curves of the body
- Extremely comfortable
- Lightweight and low profile
- Tear and break-resistant
- Repeat performance (rarely needs replacement after a fall/crash)
- Armor Measurements:
– 2 Shoulder Sections (5 in wide x 8 in long for XS-2XL OR 6 in wide x 9 in long for 3XL+ and Big Sizes) Weight – 2oz each |
– 2 Arm/Elbow Sections (5 in wide x 12 in long for XS-2XL) Weight – 3.5oz each
– 1 Back Armor 12.5 in wide x 16.75 in long, Weight – 11oz
Fabric and Design:
- Sporty jacket style with checkered flag trim
- Convenient full-length front zipper—easy on, easy off
- Soft Lycra® and mid-weight mesh construction
- Ventilated mesh comfort-great for all seasons
- Air flows freely through ventilated front, back and arms
- Stretchy Lycra® fabric keeps armor in place while giving you great range of motion
- Removable armor for easy laundering
- Virtually invisible under your favorite clothing
- Non-shrink/non-run fabric
- Cool and comfortable
- Freedom of movement
- Unisex design fits both men and women
- Lasts for years with proper care
- Easy to launder, fast drying
Pair with: All-Season Armored Adventure pants or shorts for the ultimate riding protection system
Q & A
Q: What type of protection does this shirt offer me?
A: Our All-Season Airtex Motorcycle Riding Shirt offers reinforced protection on the back and CE-Level 2 protection on the back, shoulders, elbows and forearms.
Q: Is this shirt abrasion-resistant?
A: The main design function of our Airtex Shirt is impact protection. While the armor pieces do offer you some abrasion resistance in a fall, the shirt itself is not reinforced with Kevlar® or Cordura®. Our goal with our shirts is to keep the armor right where you need it, if you need it. The armor stays snug to your body and won’t flop around like other riding shirts / jackets do.
If you are concerned with abrasion resistance try pairing the shirt with a lightweight Kevlar® jacket, sweatshirt or hoodie.
Q: Do you wear a shirt under this shirt?
A: That is a personal choice that we leave up to our customers, but most riders choose to wear an undershirt or t-shirt as a base layer beneath their Airtex for cleanliness, hygiene and modesty reasons. Remember, the shirts are primarily ventilated mesh which is somewhat “see-through.”
Q: What is the difference between your Airtex and Cool-Air Shirts?
A: The All-Season Airtex Armored Shirt is made from a breathable mid-weight mesh fabric on the front, back and arms with a stretchy Lycra® fabric at the shoulders, elbows and wrist. The Cool-Air Shirt is made entirely from a stretchy, lightweight elastic mesh material. Both types of shirts have shoulder, elbow / forearm and back armor. Airtex Shirts have consistently been popular among our all-season riders. The Cool-Air Shirts are popular for people who ride in very hot and humid climates.
Q: I am in between sizes, how do I know which one to choose?
A: Great question. If you are in-between sizes or you are having trouble fitting into our size chart, give us a call 704-663-0351 or email us at [email protected]. We are more than happy to help. Indicate your waist, inseam, height and weight if you would like.
Another option: Oftentimes customers will order one size fully armored and then a fabric shell in another size and return the fabric shell of the one that does not fit. This saves time and money in the long run should you order the wrong size.
We do ask that you contact us via telephone or email to request an RMA number and let us know which size you are sending back. This helps to expedite your return within our facility.
Q: I want to order for a friend but I am not sure of their size.
A: If you are ordering for a friend, give us a call – 704-663-0351. We can help size that person or you can always opt for a gift certificate.
Our pocket design enables you to easily remove the armor and wash your fabric shells for years of use.
Follow the steps below to ensure long-lasting wear and care:
- Pull the fabric back on the armor pockets to remove the armor. (Note: failure to remove armor may cause damage to the fabric shell.)
- Wash the fabric shells on a low temperature setting and Gentle Cycle .
- We recommend using an activewear detergent when laundering your garments to maintain the integrity of the stretch in the fabric.
- Be sure not to wash Bohn fabric shells with items that have Velcro, hooks or accessories that could catch and snag the fabric.
- Dry shells on low temperature or hang dry.
- When dry, reinsert the armor pieces into their respective pockets and pull the pocket flaps into place. This ensures the armor will stay in place.
- Our garments are made with Lycra® and must be washed regularly. Salt air and sweat left on the garment can break down the Lycra® in the garment so it is imperative that the garments be washed regularly and not stored for long periods of time with salt or sweat.
- Also, pilling can occur if the garment is consistently rubbing against something that agitates the garment (ie. tag, plastic, loose seam, etc.), so please be certain you do not have anything that will agitate the fabric. If you start seeing pilling, turn your jeans, pants or jacket worn over your Bohn garment inside out and feel for the item that is rubbing on your garment.
**Improper care (ie. lack of laundering) and pilling of garments is not warrantied.
With proper care, our garments can last years. We wish you many years of riding protection!
Need a new fabric shell? Shop shells below:
16 reviews for Airtex™ – Mesh Armored Motorcycle Shirt – Black + White