This jacket was designed with Bohn customers in mind. A super comfortable soft-shell outer layer that looks like your everyday walking-around jacket, but offers incredible slide and impact protection, a way to carry your piece and plenty of pockets for comfort and storage.
- DuPont™ Kevlar lined for ultimate abrasion protection
- Armor pockets on shoulders, arms and back
- Zippered hand pockets on the front and one zippered pocket on the inside
- Right and Left inside concealed carry pockets with holster or use pockets for extra storage
- Back gussets for a comfortable shoulder stretch
- Stretch cuffs and bottom comfortable and help keep the wind out
- Wind and water-resistant
- Great for Fall, Winter and Spring Riding
- Snap neck closure – just enough to cut the wind but not too high to be uncomfortable
- Optional removable hood for an additional $10
- Armor – Measurements:
– 2 Shoulder Sections (5 in wide x 8 in long for XS-2XL OR 6 in wide x 9 in long for 3XL+) Weight – 2oz each
– 2 Arm/Elbow Sections (5 in wide x 12 in long for XS-2XL) Weight – 3.5oz each
– 1 Back Armor 12.5 in wide x 16.75 in long, Weight – 11oz
Q & A
Q: What type of protection does this jacket offer me?
A: Our Kevlar-Lined Motorcycle Riding Jacket comes lined with DuPont Kevlar throughout and CE-Level 2 armor on the back, shoulders and arms.
Q: Is this Jacket abrasion-resistant?
A: Yes. It is fully lined with DuPont Kevlar throughout. PLUS the added bonus of having armor on your back, arms and shoulders for additional abrasion protection.
Q: If I already have your shirt armor, will that armor fit into this flannel jacket?
A. Yes, all of our Bohn armor is interchangeable throughout all of our shirts and jackets.
Q: Am I the same size in your mesh and winter shirts as I am in this jacket?
A: It is best to follow the sizing profile for this product. Our armored mesh and winter shirts are designed to be snug to the body so they work on a different sizing profile than this jacket.
Q: I am worried about ordering the wrong size, can I call to get a fitting over the phone?
A: Great question. Give us a call 704-663-0351 or email us at [email protected]. We are more than happy to help. Indicate your height, weight and chest size.
Q: I want to order for a friend but I am not sure of their size.
A: If you are ordering for a friend, give us a call – 704-663-0351. We can help size that person or you can always opt for a gift certificate.
Q. I am intrigued as to why you included a gun or concealed carry pocket in this motorcycle jacket. Why did you?
A. Great question. Well, one of the things we kept hearing from our customers was they wanted a jacket with “lots of pockets”. So when we started designing this jacket we knew there would be a lot of pockets. But then we had a visit from a customer that was struggling to carry his gun while riding–he is a local Sheriff and is required to carry off-duty. This got us thinking….5 out of 10 of our customers are either military or first responders–retired or active duty so let’s explore this.
We started asking our customers if they thought that this pocket would be helpful and the overwhelming answer was “YES!”. So there you have it, these extra pockets are a nod to our Military and First Responders – we thank you for your service. And for those of you who don’t carry, they make a great place to store extra personal items. Can’t ever go wrong with a lot of pockets.
Q. Is this jacket made in America as are your armored shirts?
A. Gosh, we sure wish! With the pressure from our customers to bring new products them, we’ve been searching for a 2nd sewist for over 3 years now since our current US sewist is at capacity. The pandemic over the past two years has made that search even harder. We do intend to make these stateside at some point, but we are testing the waters to see if these products excite our customers. But here is the good thing…they’re not made in China and are made to Bohn’s strict quality standards. It is our promise!
Please stay tuned. We are committed to American made and we’re continuing our search.
Follow the steps below to ensure long-lasting wear and care. You can Dryclean or follow the instructions below.
- Spot wash the outer fabric shell with a cloth and cold water.
- Let air dry
If dry cleaning, please remove the armor.
- Improper care (ie. lack of laundering), pilling and shrinking of garments is not warrantied.
With proper care, our garments can last years. We wish you many years of riding protection!
MEN: Jacket is true to size without armor but please follow the recommendations below.
WOMEN: Please call or email for a custom fit. 704-663-0351. Email measurements to [email protected] (include height, weight and chest size), a female will be reading your emails.
Please size up if:
- Your BMI is higher than average
- You have particularly broad shoulders
- You plan on wearing this armored
- You have a particularly large chest
Jacket is not meant to be a “loose” jacket. Similar to other Bohn garments, it’s meant to keep the armor close to the body.
If you have any questions about sizing, please give us a call. 704-663-0351 or email us your measurements at [email protected] (include height, weight and chest size).
Customer Size Examples:
— Joe – 5’10, 255 lbs, 51.5 inch chest – 3XL armored
– John – 5’10, 200lbs, 44.5 inch chest – XL armored
— Will – 5’10, 210 lbs, 45.5 inch chest – XL
— Bud – 5’11, 190 lbs, 45 inch chest – 2XL Armored
— Ed – 5’11.75, 180 lbs, 42 inch chest – XL armored
– Chris – 6’2, 190 lbs, 45 inch chest – Large-Tall armored
– Peter – 6’3, 300 lbs, 54-56 inch chest – 4XL-Tall armored
— Duncan – 6’8, 291 lbs, 50.5-inch chest needed size 3XL Tall armored
Click on the images below to make them larger.